Havas Platformer - Design
|Form of employment
|Salary / Rate
**Scroll down to find out how to apply (it is essential that you answer the two application questions using the text box provided)**
Havas Platform is a 6-month full-time paid internship programme in partnership with LIFT. The various agencies within the Havas umbrella are providing 10 roles within the advertising, communication, and media industry. The programme is ideal for anyone looking to begin their career in the creative, tech and digital industry and is interested in brands, culture, and communication. The programme is designed to be an in-depth learning and supported role where you will have the opportunity to be a part of the real team, working on real briefs, doing real work, for real clients. You will also have access to a mentor and peer-to-peer group work.
Havas Agency: One Green Bean - Role: Designer
The Junior Designer Platformer is responsible for the design and layout of visual materials for their team, under the guidance of senior level designers. You will support the creation and execution of new marketing materials, helping to design, build and visually bring work to life.
- Collaborating with other designers to create collateral for pitch meetings which communicates the work and agency capabilities in the best possible way.
- Working with the senior designers to ensure that company branded PowerPoint presentations are visually compelling and created to a high standard.
- Helping to design the content for written submissions, case studies, brochures and other long hand documents.
- Participating in brainstorms and collaborating with other designers throughout the Havas Kings Cross (HKX) network.
- Reinterpreting ideas and data to create infographics, charts and mock ups that effectively communicate key messages which can be incorporated into presentations.
- Creating engaging and original designs for marketing material including invitations, posters and internal communications
- Can demonstrate passion for design
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- A good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to changing workloads and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- An artistic eye and understanding of the graphic requirements of a project
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for design, typography and layout
- Hands-on experience of designing templates and layouts, as well as being able to follow and interpret brand guidelines
- Commitment to confidentiality and producing high quality work
- We value positive, proactive team players who are eager to help, take on responsibility and able to work on their own initiative
Essential Eligibility Requirements
- A resident of a LIFT borough (Camden, Hackney, Islington, and Tower Hamlets)
- Are Aged 18-25 or Aged 25+ and from an underrepresented community including people from black and Asian minority ethnic backgrounds, women, lone parents and those with a disability.
- Have a keen interest in starting a career in the advertising, communication, and media industry
- Are looking to take your first steps in the sector with a paid internship
- Are available and committed to paid work for the full 6-month placement -the programme will run from October 2023 – March 2024 and you must be available for full time work for the duration of the programme to be considered.
This programme aims to create opportunities for people with little or no experience of the creative industries, and we will prioritise applicants with less than six month’s relevant work experience.
The Havas UK network is one of the world's largest global communications groups. We are made up of 26 different agencies, all under one roof which make up the Havas Village. Our agencies are made up of three main groups, linking Creative, Media and Health Services. We work with some of the most recognisable household named brands to form strategic and creative partnerships, guiding our clients towards their marketing and communication objectives. We are a bustling group of agencies filled with passionate individuals who all bring their own expertise and work together across varying teams and disciplines. We provide a first class services for our clients through a whole spectrum of departments, including; strategy, analytics, media planning, creative, design,UX&UI, social media, public relations, integrated marketing and much more!
This is a ‘hybrid’ role, which means that candidates will be required to work some of time in the office and some time working from home. The exact split of time across the office and home will be dependent on each team and the requirements of the work tasks on any given week. However, Platformers should expect to be in the office up to 100% of the time, if required
How to apply
How to apply
- Click apply and register
- Upload a CV (you do not need to upload a cover letter)
- Click apply on the vacancy you wish to apply for
- Answer the following questions in the covering statement text box provided:
What motivates you to work in Design? (300 word limit)
What skills and interests do you think you can bring to the role? (300 word limit)
*If you would like support to complete your application or require reasonable adjustments to submit an alternative application form (such as via video) please contact us on email@example.com so we can arrange this with you. Please contact us before 30 August so we can accommodate this.
This vacancy is closed and is no longer taking applications